Gum disease often goes unnoticed. Warning signs that you may have gum disease include:
- Red, tender, swollen gums.
- Bleeding gums while brushing or flossing.
- Gums that seem to be pulling from your teeth.
- Chronic bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth.
- Teeth that are loose or separating from each other.
While regular dental exams and cleanings are important, you can play a major role in preventing gum disease every day. The best way to be proactive in maintaining your oral and overall health is by going for regular check-ups, getting professional cleanings and regular brushing and flossing.